Wednesday, May 03, 2006

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!


"How did he do it?"

She smiled. "It was really romantic."

"Joe Wiese, romantic?"

"Well, he was going to do it on the road at a park near Lake Shasta, but it was cold and rainy. Then he was going to do it on the beach after we signed our lease, but it was cold and rainy again. So he spent 30 minutes trying to get our gas fireplace to work. After he got a fire started he made a bed on the floor in front of the fireplace. He sat down next to me and said the sweetest things to me and then he told me the story about how your dad sold his blood to buy a ring for your mom (he pulled out the box) and then asked me to marry him with the ring that sealed your parent's fate. I was crying, he was crying . . .it was well . . . very special. "

CONGRATULATIONS to my brother and his beautiful fiance Jennifer Hernandez. Welcome to the Wiese family!!! Perfect timing for some good news in the Wiese household.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ingrid for the beautiful announcement! It was well done and made me tear up all over again! Many more thanks to all of the wonderful members of Joe's family who have taken me in as one of their own.

Jennifer

Pop Culture Casualty said...

We are lucky to have you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe and Jennifer! I am an old friend of Joe's mother (and I'm also Ingrid's godmother) who knew the family back on Cody Dr. in Silver Spring. The family moved west before Joe was born so I never had the pleasure of meeting the last three Wiese's but have kept up over the years with notes and Christmas cards. I know you will be very happy together. I love the pictures and the story of your engagement.
Love
Eileen Walker

Anonymous said...

Well I tried to post this the other day and it never made it so hopefully it won't register twice. Just wanted to say congrats to you both and to give Jennifer credit for taking on the Fords sight unseen! Poor thing doesn't know what she's in for. I mean uh ... welcome to our subdued, refined, and relatively benign brood! (insert uncomfortable cough/laugh here)

Cousin Tara

Pop Culture Casualty said...

Don't let Tara scare you! She is just being modest. The Fords are the entertainment and dazzle... they balance out us Wiese kids.

Prepare for laughing till your sides ache.

Anonymous said...

I guess our comments didn't come through on the 8th. To repeat: Congrats to Joe and Jen. Also congrats th Susie on her last day of chemo.
janet and darwin marlatt